Sunday 24 April 2011

A day in the kitchen

When I talk about my 'kitchen' it is really one and a half counter tops and three cupboard units. Its a tiny space but my love of food is great and I could cook all day, every day.

Today, I attempted some veggie kebabs. I adapted a recipe from a book based on kebabs and tandoori food and used boiled potatoes, grated carrots, finely chopped green beans, sweetcorn kernels and some haricot beans. After adding a touch of cornflour, some spices (ginger, garam masala, cumin seeds), coriander and seasoning I combined the mixture, formed the kebabs and put them onto the skewers.

They were cooked pretty healthily under the grill and tasted great or as Michel Roux Jr calls it, they were unctuous! Even my 'I only eat meat' boyfriend happily ate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment